Friday, June 19, 2009

End of school year

My how fast a school year goes by! I was all set to do (simple) gift certificate "thank yous" for the girls' wonderful teachers, and then a super fabricstashers group I'm part of, suggested making tote bag gifts, and that sent me thinking. I added more fuel to the idea when I picked up the 'Last-minute Quilted and Patchwork Gifts' book that my girls bought me for Christmas (perhaps they had a little hint from me). So with a just 7 days to go I started digging through my fabric stash..... some lovely Amy Butler Sweet Jasmine and Wildflowers, Michael Miller Eiffel Tower and Disco Dot, paired with either back or navy stretch denim. As usual I am always trying out a new pattern under a time constraint... I thought they turned out well... what do you think?